Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party Craftivities: Caterpillar Home



One of the fun little "craftivities" I have planned for my son's 1st birthday is a bug jar that the kids can make into a darling little home for their own caterpillars. They'll create everything from the caterpillar itself to the felt leaves, pipe cleaner branches and play dough food. I thought this was such a cute little project (not to mention cheap!) that I decided to put one together myself to show y'all.



I bought a dozen plastic jars from Oriental Trading Company for just $7 and I got free shipping so I was quite ecstatic!


I wove a floral wire through some pompoms to create the caterpillar.



The felt leaves and pipe cleaner branch were so simple to do and creates a homey atmosphere for our little furry friend. 


I didn't get around to creating some play dough food for him so he busted out and is looking for something to eat. ;-) I plan to make homemade colored play dough for the party because it's cheaper and I can make it any color I like. 

Hope you enjoyed this little project! I certainly look forward to seeing how the kids do with this fun little craft! Just a thought I had now was that I should create some sticker labels for the white caps so they can write their names on their caterpillar homes. Back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!