Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Very Hungry Caterpillar Invites- Take Two!

Hello! It's been awhile since I last posted! It's been a crazy couple of weeks at home (we've been hibernating due to frigid temps the last few weeks and I've had to deal with three kids with cabin fever) so I haven't had as much time to work on DIY stuff until yesterday! I redid my VHC party invites because the first idea I had didn't turn out as neat as I had originally envisioned. =( Boo. So I regrouped and brainstormed again about what I could do that was different from the usual invites and came up with this:

It's a magnetic save-the-date kind of invite that you can post on your refrigerator! Only the caterpillar has a magnet attached and the leaf can be recycled after the party.

I hand wrote the date and time on it myself with a calligraphy pen and on the back is another yellow leaf with the address and phone number to RSVP.





I love them and will be keeping a set just for my little guy's baby book. =) 


And this here is a sneak peek at one of my party projects. I made a lollipop stand using floral foam and different shades of green cardstock cut to look like grass. I think it's adorable and will look great on our food table! 

I have more table decor in the works that I'll feature tomorrow. I'm very happy at how well this party is coming together and I have just over a month left to go before the big day. Time management isn't a problem when you start early on these things! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!